Alpha Plus Model of School Improvement
Below, find resources we're making available to our state educators. Most of the items below have content you can download. However, some are only available by being a member of our Alpha Plus Team Partners.
I. TEACH to mastery the Oklahoma Academic Standards, OAS
A. Map curriculum to 100 days from Labor Day to Spring Break using Alpha Plus OAS Pacing Calendars, or by using the steps we use in our professional development sessions outlined below.
[Member Schools: Download Suggested Days/Suggested Order OAS Pacing Calendar by grade / content area in Word documents so you can adjust our curriculum map to your needs. LOGIN to A+ Resources.]
i. Know your OAS Objectives:
- English Language Arts (ELA)
- All other state subject-matter standards: https://sde.ok.gov/oklahoma-academic-standards
ii. Evaluate your Oklahoma School Testing Program (OSTP) Test Blueprint and Item Specifications before planning number of days of focused instruction needed for each standard in the state blueprint
- English Language Arts: Grade 3 | Grade 4 | Grade 5 | Grade 6 | Grade 7 | Grade 8 DOK Definitions: ELA
- Mathematics: Grade 3 | Grade 4 | Grade 5 | Grade 6 | Grade 7 | Grade 8 DOK Definitions: Math
- Science: Grade 5 | Grade 8 Science DOK and Dimensional Sense FAQ
- "Extended Constructed Response/Writing Resources for Grades 5 & 8" are available on the Oklahoma State Department of Education website here: https://sde.ok.gov/assessment-material
- iii. After identifying key dates in your school’s academic calendar, determine teaching order and estimated number of days of focused instruction for each OAS objective. “Pencil in” your plan on the Alpha Plus “100 Days to Mastery” Pacing Calendar Blank (PDF).
TIP: Whether you use a pencil or software when mapping curriculum, know that instructional pace will need to be revised after midyear / winter benchmark test.
B. Build lesson plans for each OAS objective that will be measured and/or use Success with OAS textbooks:
[Member Schools: Download digital copies of purchased Success with OAS textbooks to use on any school devices using your District login at https://alphaplustests.com/custsupport/.
C. Communicate your plan with parents and students
- Use Success with OAS Vocabulary Posters to focus everyone on words that will be used on state tests Download FREE PDF
- Print Standard Based Report Cards to share with parents and students at first meeting to set expectations Download FREE Word templates *Also available with formative scores updated in real time at Alpha Plus Online
- Plan to instruct students in first semester how to analyze assessment questions to determine plausible / non-plausible answers to any test items. Download FREE fillable PDF for Procedures and worksheets and separate PDFs for Mathematics, and ELA
NEXT STEP: Click here to go to ASSESS to determine mastery.