Alpha Plus Model teacher and leader training focused on HOW TO:
(Click on the images for enlargements.)
- Use benchmark assessment data to build a Summative Test Log (using Excel download from Alpha Plus Online) that compares previous year’s state-test data to Alpha Plus summative benchmark data (with performance levels aligned to state cut scores).
- Use common formative quizzes as an instructional tool providing real-time data to web-based Objective Accountability Graph of formative proficiency for progress monitoring.
- Crosswalk formative and summative data by student, class and school throughout school year.
- Monitor each reading and math class for pace and proficiency to ensure key Oklahoma Academic Standards are taught to mastery.
- Improve instruction and coordinate intervention / remediation based on ongoing data.
- Use state data from The Wave / Education Single Sign On for planning, needs assessment, teaching assignments, etc.
- Calculate the Oklahoma School Report Card for your class or school.
- Project state report card grade from Alpha Plus interim assessment data ( January and March).
- Predict state Report Card grades (and verify state calculations) from preliminary state-tests data (June).
Alpha Plus Online
Simulated Core Curriculum Tests: Summative assessments aligned to state item specifications for Oklahoma state tests benchmarked to content taught.
- Baseline/Form A SCCT taken in fall or beginning of instruction (A1) at Grades 3-8 in reading and math. First and second grade and science at grades 5 and 8 have one SCCT Test Form (A).
- Midyear/Form B SCCT taken in winter or mid-point of course (B) for third through eighth grade. Grades 1-2 and Science usually take their A test at midyear and again in Spring to benchmark growth.
- Final/Form A SCCT taken in spring or about four-weeks prior to state test (A2) to coordinate final remediation on OAS objectives for each student.
Electronic (PDF) copy of SCCTs provided to principal for printing as needed because of insufficient bandwidth for students to take assessments online and for students who need printed-test accommodations).
- Students take assessments online or the teacher enters written student answers into online system for grading and reports.
- Student and class test reports (on the Alpha Plus 70% benchmark cut score) available within minutes of administration or within an hour of students submitting answers.
Formative Assessment Tests: Five-question formative assessments on each objective
- Alpha Plus Objective Accountability Graph is automatically updated with Running Proficiency and Student Proficiency rates after formative tests taken.
- First and second grade aligns to strands in the Oklahoma Academic Standards in vertical alignment to third grade.
- Paper copy available so teachers may printed as needed for class.
- Students take the tests online or the teacher enters written student answers into online system for grading and reports.