The Alpha Plus Model is data-driven and job-embedded
Alpha Plus School Improvement uses interim formative and summative benchmark assessments to evaluate progress of students from back-to-school week until state tests in the spring. Alpha Plus Facilitators utilize state and Alpha Plus assessment data in professional development (PD) on-site and online.
Alpha Plus Simulated Core Curriculum Tests mirror the Oklahoma School Testing Program (OSTP) state tests, and are used to project A-F Report Card grades for sites or classes along with OSTP Gap to next performance level for each student.
To help schools implement the new Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS) and more-rigorous state tests, Alpha Plus provides with all levels of professional development:
- OAS Pacing Calendars (curriculum maps) for first through eighth grade
- OAS Pacing Calendars for 2018-19
- OSTP test blueprints and test-item specifications as available from OSDE for each grade level/content area
- Data Team Meeting agenda/worksheet
- Effectiveness Lesson Plan template
- Response to Intervention (RtI) Remediation Accountability Report form
LEVEL I PD:
Data-driven professional development with an on-site, in-service session (date TBD by your school) plus three Instructional Leader data analysis and training sessions. Support includes:
- Monitoring of each reading and math class for teaching pace and student proficiency
- Monitoring each student for growth per state requirements
- A-F formula training and calculation template
- Summative Test Log with A-F proficiency, growth and OSTP Gap Analysis
- Predicted A-F Report Cards from interim assessment data (midyear and spring) and from preliminary OCCT data (May-June)
- Alpha Plus model and forms in Instructional Leader resources binder
Additional help provided online, by e-mail or phone as needed.
LEVEL II PD:
MONTHLY (Aug. through Mar.) job-embedded professional development with on-site teacher meetings addressing alignment to assessed standards, objective-driven instruction, and using interim assessment data to target academic deficiencies. Student data is monitored and compared to last year’s state data, A-F Report Cards predicted and OSTP Gap Analysis provided after Winter and Spring Breaks to help coordinate remediation. Level II PD includes all specialized reports detailed for Level I.
TWICE MONTHLY (Aug. through Mar.) meetings on-site with teachers utilizing and monitoring each student’s assessment data for accountability and to improve instruction. Includes A-F Report Card projections, specialized site reports, and OSTP Gap Analysis for each reading/math student remediation. Level III PD includes all specialized reports detailed for Level I. Facilitators assist with vertical and horizontal curriculum alignment, and development of a personalized teacher portfolio with documentation for evaluations.