“Oklahoma recognizes that a robust assessment system is tied closely to students’ learning and teachers’ instructional practices by valuing and promoting local, classroom-based formative assessments that help make student learning visible. At the same time, that system should provide a strong summative assessment program that fits as a component within a multifaceted state, district and school accountability system.” – Oklahoma Edge, pg. 48-49
Alpha Plus formative quizzes and benchmark summative assessments are easy-to-use in updated Internet browsers with NO software to download NOR tests to build from national item banks.
- All Alpha Plus assessments are aligned to the Oklahoma Academic Standards and questions asked in the format and to the content limits of the Oklahoma Test Blueprint and Item Specifications for each grade-level, content area.
- Reports populate in real time when students submit completed assessments online or after student answers are entered online from printed assessments.
- Summative assessments are administered in three benchmark windows: baseline (fall/back-to-school); midyear (Nov.-Dec.); and spring (early March for Gr. 3-8; April or May for Gr. 1-2).
- Baseline and spring benchmarks use the same summative assessment for a “truegrowth model” – same teacher, same students, same test.
Summative cut scores mirror the state’s benchmark, which makes it is easy to see how close students are to being proficient on state tests with the benchmark reports:
- Student Test Reports (download and print each student or by class),
- Item Response Reports (student answers to each question with key),
- Classroom List report (summative scores as well as benchmark scores for standards taught reported by OAS objective), and
- Standards at Risk report (identifies students for small-group remediation of objectives not yet mastered on last summative).
Formative quizzes provide reports that make it easy to monitor teaching pace, student proficiency, and to communicate goals and results with students and parents in:
- Objective Accountability Graph
- Item Response Report
- Standard-Based Report Cards
Data reports are provided online by student, class, and teacher; some reports provided online by grade-level and school; customized reports available for school and district level data to support Alpha Plus Data Team Meetings (aka, PLCs).
(Click on image below for enlargement.)