(Alpha Plus Online Assessments are available at https://aplustesting.org, one of our other websites. They are not available on this website.)
Here's how it all works. (This pdf has all the instructions.) Below, find a summary.
Alpha Plus Online Assessments Summary for Teachers
Please change your password using the drop-down menu next to your name in upper right of browser window.
Also in the menu is a link to View Manual or Submit a Ticket to report issues or send feedback to the tech-support team.
- You will enter the system on the home page under the Activity tab.
- CLICK on the images for an enlargement.
How any webpage in the system looks depends on the type of web browser you use and the size of the window.
Under the Management tab, you can verify students are in the “classes” you need, then add or delete as appropriate.
- To ensure students are ready to test, please make changes the day before you plan for them to test.
- You can copy a list of student ID numbers to print for students who will log in to an assessment from the Management list or from your Classroom screen.
From a Management screen, you can also add teacher assistants, specialists, interventionists or others who may help with individual students during the year so no additional testing is needed.
- To add students to the roster, click the “Add Student” button at the bottom of the list and an entry form will drop down.
Enter first or last name or ID number to see if the student is already in the system.
If not, click the “Create Student” link to add new.
The form will drop down for data entry.
You must enter a ten-digit number that is unique to the district or one will need to be assigned by Alpha Plus.
From the Classroom tab, you will enable assessments and access reports.
- To administer tests you will ENABLE upcoming test sessions (formerly “open”) for your students.
The system no longer needs Test Session ID numbers or PINs.
When a student logs in, the assessments educators have enabled are ready for students to select and begin taking.
- Select the test(s) to start by changing the button from OFF to ON under “Enabled” across from the Test Name.
Remember, how any webpage in the system looks depends on the type of web browser you use and the size of the window.
When tests are enabled as below, the Monitor Tests button above will turn blue and you can monitor students testing (formerly “Proctor View”).
- For a quick list of student ID numbers, select the pencil icon ( ) under the “Scores” column for any assessment.
The student list will provide scores entered into the system and provides access to “Enter Answers” for students taking assessments on paper.
- Principals will be advised how to download PDFs of summative assessments to print for students in Grades 1-5 or as needed for accommodations at any grade level, and will receive printed formative assessment quizzes for each objective to provide to staff to copy if needed.
- Monitor Test View (also accessible under Activity tab) is where you monitor student progress, which is updated periodically by clicking the “Refresh” button ( ) near the top of the screen.
- To start another summative test or formative quiz in a different “classroom,” simply click the Classroom tab and select another class.
That test’s Monitor Screen should pop out into a new tab.
- To pause an assessment, click the “Pause Session” button to stop all students in that session;
or, each student can click “pause” as needed.
Answers will be collected, and then test can be resumed by clicking “Resume Session.”