JOB DESCRIPTION: Public Relations Assistant
Alpha Plus – a team of educators helping Oklahoma schools improve student performance and academic growth since 1990 – needs a public relations professional to assist in coordinating, developing and implementing communications and marketing efforts statewide.
Applicants should have:
- Understanding of up-to-date digital communications and branding strategies proven to be successful
- Experience writing and distributing press releases, web announcements and producing public relations materials including postcards/push cards, posters, banners, presentations and printed packets for meetings and trade shows
- Exceptional writing skills and experience designing or directing graphic production
- Experience using various social media platforms to target messaging to potential clients and monitor results of marketing campaigns
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint [Bonus points for experience using Joomla or similar website templates and for experience using the Adobe Creative Suite to produce images!]
- A bachelor’s degree in related field or a minimum of two years of equivalent education and experience in public relations or communications
Preference given to applicants with experience in public schools, and a desire to help teachers and administrators improve student achievement.
This temporary, part-time or full-time job can become a permanent position for the right team member working at the Alpha Plus headquarters (3315 NW 63rd St., Suite C, Oklahoma City, OK 73116). Compensation contingent upon experience.
Alpha Plus Facilitators Needed - Recruitment Posting
Alpha Plus Educational Systems, Inc. is seeking additional professional development facilitators to serve schools in their area of the state.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Alpha Plus Facilitators provide ongoing professional development for teachers and administrators for 8 months during the school year (generally July through March, excluding first half of July and last half of December). Facilitators help educators analyze student assessment data as part of job-embedded, data-driven training, and monitor student proficiency and growth for schools served. In addition, Alpha Plus Facilitators are trained to
- help improve OAS-aligned curriculum resources and tools including professional development,
- assist in adapting assessments and remediation materials as needed to align with changing standards relative to state subject-matter, assessments and accountability systems,
- consult with IT team on upgrades to and training materials for Alpha Plus Online Assessments, and
- pursue opportunities to present products and services to school leaders, and develop contracts in accordance with state and federal regulations.
Full- or part-time; in-state, regional travel required. For more information about how Alpha Plus Educational Systems, Inc. helps schools, visit our website at http://www.alphaplus.org.
QUALIFICATIONS: Oklahoma-certified teacher or administrator with experience using test-score data to improve instruction based on student-growth factors. Experience with NCLB/ESSA/ESEA, RSA, OSTP, A-F, RtI, Title I, II and REAP preferred. J
COMPENSATION: Contingent upon experience plus profit-sharing potential.