How to be an “A” School: 100 Days to Mastery
Our goal is for your team to have an "A" school, but we also want to make your job easier. Teachers and principals have somewhat different roles so this first newsletter speaks to how each can maximize instructional time. By following these suggestions, you will be on your way to "A."
- Teach the objectives using the lesson plans provided in the Success with OAS Teacher Guide then check for mastery with Independent Practice.
- Give the formative assessments as soon as you have taught an objective to mastery.
- Your goal should be a 70% pass rate after remediation. Work with your team to remediate OAS Objectives for which students are not proficient.
- Retake formative quizzes to check mastery (up to three times).
- Hold weekly Data Team Meetings to ensure the quality of data-driven instruction (blank Data Team Meeting template is linked here).
- During the 100 Days to Mastery, focus on the Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS) in the state’s blueprint. This can be critical to closing learning gaps.
Just 15 days into the "100 Days to Mastery", it is not too late to start teaching and assessing in alignment with OAS! Follow the Alpha Plus Model, and we will see you at the top.
We thank you for your support and invite you to call us at (405) 842-8408 when you need assistance. Stay tuned for more tips next month!
CEO, Alpha Plus
THIS JUST IN:
- Last week, the state of Oklahoma released their Test Blueprints and Item Specifications for the 2024 ELA state tests.
- Our current assessments are aligned to the state-test blueprints for 2023, but will be re-aligned before the 2023-24 school year.
- It has been a difficult transition for teachers since the state's delay, but our Grade 3-8 formative quiz list under the Classroom tab include notes about alignment to Success with OAS ELA books. Crosswalks of standards are available online in Resources > Other.