How to use Success with OAS digital lessons: working with fillable PDFs
All Success with OAS books purchased by schools are available in fillable PDF files for use in virtual learning or in the classroom. These are downloadable by standard with OAS Objective lessons divided into Guided Practice, Independent Practice and Continuous Practice.
Student devices must have a PDF reader on their computers or devices that can detect form fields (the blanks where students enter answers).
- Adobe Reader is a free software/app that can be downloaded from https://get.adobe.com/reader/ and used on most computers and devices.
- On Chromebooks, students can use the free PDF Editor & Form Filler at https://www.pdfescape.com/.
- For iPads, there is a PDF Expert app available in the App Store for free at https://www.apple.com/store.
Once the fillable PDF files have been downloaded, provide them to students in one of the platforms you already use with your students such as Google Classroom, Canvas, Moodle, or via email or Google Drive.
While students can complete these with standard PDF readers, another tool is required for students to be able to draw on the PDF or for teachers to grade the PDF by drawing or writing on it (annotation). Two of these tools that educators have recommended are:
- DocHub, a free online PDF annotator that integrates with Google Drive (https://dochub.com/)
- Kami, a popular PDF annotator that requires a paid subscription (https://www.kamiapp.com/)
If your school purchased books and has not downloaded the fillable PDFs (in zipped files) from Alpha Plus Resources, please contact your central office or call (405) 842-8408 for assistance.